This recipe is packed with benefits, including anxioxidants from the dark chocolate drizzled over top. Paleo and vegan!
Chia seeds are a nutritious choice as they are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, fiber and protein. Top the bowl with fresh seasonal fruit, your favorite nuts for crunch, a drizzle of rich dark chocolate and make it the breakfast or snack you can’t wait to devour.
Simple and quick to make, chia seeds are mixed with almond milk and collagen protein powder to give it some staying power. You can feel great about eating this delicious breakfast often. I know for me, when it’s good, it’s on repeat. A healthy treat to start the day off right!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 Tbsp collagen protein powder (or protein powder of choice)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp shelled pistachios
- 4 large strawberries, chopped
- 8 blackberries
- 10 blueberries
- 2 tsp MCT oil or melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Fill a jar or bowl with chia seeds, almond milk, collagen protein powder and vanilla extract.
- Mix well and place into the fridge for 1 hour or overnight.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl.
- Place strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and pistachios on top of pudding.
- In a small cup, combine the MCT oil and cocoa powder.
- Drizzle chocolate over top.
Save time and double the recipe for a quick breakfast ready to go each morning. The pudding will stay fresh in the fridge for a week.
for this recipe, i recommend:
Did you make this recipe? Tag @trueats and hashtag #trueats on Instagram or on True & Simple Eats facebook page. I’d love to know what you think! Enjoy!
Disclaimer: Some links are affiliate. I recommend what I use and love! Thanks for supporting the work here.