Peanut butter makes me think of chocolate which makes me think of treats like peanut butter cups. Mmmmm. I love trying out new ingredients so recently I made a new purchase… peanut butter powder. It has inspired me to make this Peanut Butter Chia Pudding. Delicious and low in sugar makes this treat great for breakfast or a snack. There is a small amount of cane sugar in peanut butter powder (1 g per serving) and with the addition of cinnamon, which adds a flavor of sweetness, there is no need to add a sweetener. I drizzled dark chocolate over the top to make it even more decadent.
Chia seeds are packed with omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, fiber and protein. Adding cinnamon increases the protective antioxidants that reduce free radical damage, slow the aging process, and reduce inflammation. Top the bowl with a fresh banana and a drizzle of rich dark chocolate.
Combine the four ingredients in a jar, replace the lid, and shake. Put it in the fridge and 30 minutes later shake again. This keeps the chia seeds from gelling together in big clumps. Wait 30 more minutes or overnight to eat. It’s that easy!
Prep time: 5 mins
Fridge time: 1 hour to overnight
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Dark chocolate sauce (mix 1 tsp each cocoa powder & MCT or coconut oil)
- Banana slices
- Coconut butter
- Cocoa nibs
- Grain-less granola
- Fill a jar or bowl with almond milk, chia seeds, peanut butter powder and cinnamon.
- Mix well and place into the fridge for 30 minutes and mix again. Refrigerate 30 more minutes or overnight.
- Pour the pudding into a bowl.
- Add desired toppings.
- In a small bowl, combine the MCT oil and cocoa powder.
- Drizzle dark chocolate over top.
Save time and double or triple the recipe for a quick breakfast ready to go each morning. The pudding will stay fresh in the fridge for a week.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @trueats and hashtag #trueats on Instagram or on True & Simple Eats facebook page. I’d love to know what you think! Enjoy!0