This quick and easy coleslaw recipe is marinated in a savory vinaigrette to make a perfect, healthy side dish that everyone will love! Paleo and Whole30 approved!
Eating tart foods curbs a sweet tooth and believe me, I know it works. I really enjoy tart flavors but I also battle with a sweet tooth.
This tart and savory coleslaw is a perfect addition to a summer meal. Make as a side dish or top with your favorite protein to make it a meal.
Not only is it tart and crisp with a light garlic flavor but it is healthy for you too.
Coleslaw fans, next time you need to bring a side to a backyard cookout, simply throw this together and enjoy!
- 16 oz bag coleslaw mix
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup arugula, chopped
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp mayo (I use avocado oil mayo)
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp spicy mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix, arugula, and celery.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a small jar, shake and pour over slaw.
- Mix well. Serve immediately or chill for a few hours as the flavors come alive.
Did you make this recipe? Tag @trueats and hashtag #trueats on Instagram or on True & Simple Eats facebook page. I’d love to know what you think! Enjoy!